P&A Consulting Engineers was retained by Chandler Bat, a manufacturer of wooded bats for professional Baseball players, to assist in relocation of their manufacturing facility from Pennsylvania to Florida. We surveyed and assessed the existing operation and developed the proposed MEP loads and requirements for the new facility in Florida. The project consisted of 15,000 sq ft of high-tech manufacturing including several CNC machines, sanding, grinding, paint booths, offices, and a batting cage. Critical HVAC specifications were designed to including specific exhaust rates, specific humidification and dehumidification percentages, and temperatures. The following scope was successfully executed:
- 277/480V 800A service and provisions for future generator tie-in.
- Critical HVAC plant with critical tolerances for manufacturing processes.
- High-bay lighting and controls.
- Custom engineered solutions for paint-booths, and dust collection systems in accordance with NFPA codes for fire protection.
- Fully sprinklered for high-bay storage and manufacturing.